Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pain and the stars

Robert Mitchum's expression says, I have a little pain but it's nothing I can't handle.

Burt Lancaster says, I can bear it, I can bear it, how about you?

Mastroianni seems to say, I fear I might be next but I'll be ready for the day.

Paul Newman of course has heard about it, would like to talk about it, if you wish.

Steve McQueen is dead, died of pain, always looked like he would.

Which brings us to Kirk Douglas and all those other martyrs, well they got what they wanted.

But Eastwood, now he offers pain, you want it, (well do you punk?), there's plenty to go round.

Bogart is not really thinking about his own pain, his terrible pain, he only wants to ask about yours.

Edward G: I've got it, now you're going to get it.

Cagney thinks it's all the same, joy or pain, best get it while it's going.

Brando: What have you got, I'm hedging my bets but I'm thinking how can I get out of this before it hurts.

James Mason: Don't talk to me about pain, my back is killing me.

George Sanders is thinking, pain you say - we'll see about that.

There were women too, shrieking and tittering, they knew it served us right.

But that was all a long time ago.

1 comment:

  1. It only works with old film stars, the present lot are just milling around looking for a cue. Somebody asked what Peter Lorre would say. I think he might say, "Don't be silly."

    ReplyDelete